Forensic Accountants offer a variety of consulting services and support to governmental entities including local governments, public authorities, school districts and state and federal agencies. Lara & Weidman Forensic CPA’s have the knowledge and insight to ensure board members, council members, mayors and commissioners receive the assistance and guidance they need. We are licensed CPA’s in the State of Florida and have additional training in the area of financial forensics with the designations of MAFF (Master Analyst in Forensic Financials) and CFF (Certified in Financial Forensics).
The following list is a sample of the types of services we offer:
- Profit & Efficiency Studies
- Forensic Accounting including fraud investigations and financial improprieties
- Assistance with internal control system development and improvement
- Performance measurement services
- Indirect cost allocation plans
- Asset tracing and funds analysis
- Vendor/Contractor due diligence
According to the 2014 Report to the Nations on Occupational Fraud and Abuse prepared by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, government entities made up about 15% of the victim organizations. The Median Loss in the government sector is $90,000. Corruption, billing and non-cash schemes are the most popular types of fraud schemes in the Government and Public Administration sector.